Many folks equate the color green with the March holiday St. Patrick’s Day. Some folks drink green beer, while other folks dye their rivers green, but your friendly folks over at Rock the Bike prefer green smoothies to celebrate. Now you too can celebrate “the Emerald Isle” with our St. Patrick’s Day Green Smoothie recipe, and enjoy a fun little poem along with it:
There once was a biker from Dublin.
Smoothies he was always a gobblin’,
Sayin’ ‘I’ll mike me a shike
while I Rock the Bike’
Peddlin’ so fast it was bubblin’
Fresh (and ripe!) Avocado
Prep It In Your Pitcher:
1. Cut your avocado in half, remove the meat from the skin and pit, and place in the bottom of your blender pitcher.
2. Add 2 cups of fresh spinach.
3. Scoop in 2 cups of frozen pineapple.
4. Squeeze 1 – 2 tbsp of honey.
5. Top off with 1 cup of water .
5. Cover with the lid and pop onto your bike blender! Blend until smooth (roughly 15 sec – 1 minute, depending on how hard you pedal), adding more water for desired consistency.
Makes 24 oz of smoothies, or double the recipes for your 48 oz High Performance pitcher.