One Bike, One Speaker Rental
At Rock The Bike’s largest Pedal Powered concerts, there are over 20 people pedaling and the crowd size is around 1000-2000. With a 1 Bike / 1 Speaker system, you can have 1 person pedaling and up to 500 listening to speech or 200 dancing to music. How’s that possible? The explanation is two-fold. For one, there is no AC power provided; all the power goes directly into the speaker. In other words, there’s nowhere to plug in devices that normally go into the wall. You can still have a small band play live music through a compatible mixer, or plug an MP3 player directly into the speaker. The second reason is that audio power scales exponentially. To reach a crowd of 1000 people, you may need 10 times as much power as to reach a crowd of 100-200. With a single pedaler and an efficient loudspeaker like the one included in this system, you can create danceable music for 100, 200, or even more to enjoy.
– Perfect for public speaking events like a town hall meeting, green event, or press conference. Also a huge hit at a large outdoor environmental day like a tree planting or park cleanup.
– Includes a high quality Pro Sound speaker designed for large outdoor events. Capable of sending music out to a large area.
– Easy setup. Only two connections you need to make to fully set up One Bike / One Speaker. Can take as little as 1 minute.
– A microphone or MP3 player can plug straight in to this speaker with no mixer! No complex controls, just a single volume knob. System can also be upgraded to include a 2, 4, or 6 channel mixer also powered by the bike.
– Everything you need can be carried / towed on one bike, meaning you can further reduce the carbon footprint of your event by biking there.
– Includes everything you need: one of our exclusive, highly efficient Modified JBL PRX loudspeakers, a complete generator or generator wheel, handlebar Pedalometer, and Pedal Power cable. The bike plugs directly into the speaker! (You supply all the audio gear.)
– Can also power a second speaker for stereo sound. Second speaker is a ‘slave’ to the primary speaker.
– Easy/Moderate exertion level. You’ll have enough breath to give a speech while you pedal. For dance music, the effort level goes up a little.
– System includes a small Ultracapacitor that holds up to 3 minutes worth of audio power.
– Recommended crowd size: Up to 500 for speech and up to 200 people for dance music.