Whether you want to party off the grid, charge your phone after a natural disaster, get your kids exercising, or teach energy efficiency in an interactive way (or all of the above!), the Off the Wall gives you a way to generate immediately usable electricity directly from your bicycle.
Our customers asked for a more affordable pedal-power option than the Utility Box, and we responded with the Off the Wall. We’ve redesigned our generating hub so it directly generates high-voltage electricity within the hub – more efficiently and more cost-effectively than the Utility Box.
With the Off the Wall, you can actually feel the energy flowing from your body into your favorite computer, television, video game, or stereo system. It’s a great way to teach kids about the energy demand of different devices – things that use a lot of electricity take a lot of work to power up. Things that don’t, don’t.
You can also run a bumpin dance party sound system out in a meadow or deep in the woods without the noise, stink, and hassle of a gas generator. You can even carry the Off the Wall on the back of your bike simply by strapping the stand to the back of your rack after clamping it to your axle – no need for a bike trailer.
Like our Roll Up DC generator, Off The Wall is available for cargo bikes with center stands allowing for stationary pedaling.
But the best part of using the Off the Wall is knowing that nearly all the power coming from your muscles is converted into electricity for your computer or other device, without unnecessary voltage conversions cutting into efficiency.
- Fits almost any bike. No need to change any part of the bike*. *Rear quick release skewer must be ‘enclosed cam’ to be compatible with our stand. Available for free with your purchase upon request.
- Attaches & detaches in minutes. You roll right up!
- Highest power capacity tire rolling dynamo on the market
- Standard model fits 24”, 26”, 29” and 700c wheels
- Small model fits 20” wheels (many kid’s bikes and folding bikes)
- Internal LED lighting tells you it’s working and attracts attention
- Internals (magnets, coils and wiring) are visible through clear case – teaching tool
- The included stand elevates the rear wheel, allowing you to do other pedal powered activities in the future, such as blending and spin-art
- Compatible with devices that have a switching power supply (will read “INPUT: 100 – 240V” on back of device, as seen below)
- Capable of generating 300W continuous output without getting warm. 300W sustained output is very challenging for most pedalers to sustain!
- Weight: 20lbs
- Knob style QR skewers or axle nuts (stand not compatible with internally geared hubs with thru axle shifting)
- Tires with smooth center tread
- Geared bikes increase pedaling comfort – allow rider to find the ideal cadence
The Off the Wall is not compatible with our electronic activities, like the Recharge Station. Instead you can create a low-cost approach to cell phone recharging by connecting the Off the Wall to a compatible USB Charger with a switching power supply (input: 100v -240v). Long-time Pedal Power advocate and innovator, Mike Cobb, recently did this at Standing Rock, which attracted the attention of CNN sent journalist Sara Sidner.
Starting at $525
2 YEAR WARRANTY
90 DAY RETURN POLICY
NO RESTOCK FEE
LONG SERVICE LIFE
ON THE MARKET SINCE 2018